Booking Terms and Conditions
These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with us so please read them carefully. Nothing in these Booking Conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
ADDENDUM TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS RE COVID 19:
Payments (with the exception of the E40 booking fee) will be refunded up to 24 hours prior to arrival, if there are government travel restrictions/lockdowns in place relating to COVID 19 stopping the Client travelling. If preferred, deposit payments can be retained and used towards a stay of the Client's choice (subject to availability) at any property, at any available time until the end of 2022 and as an incentive, 2021 prices will be used. Transfer of bookings attract a E40 booking transfer fee.
Terms and conditions
1. The property as detailed on the website (\\\\"the Property\\\\") is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the Owner (\\\\"the owner\\\\") to the Renter (\\\\"the client\\\\"). It should be noted that Tuscan Retreats Ltd acts as agent for the owner/manager of the property, therefore this contract is solely between the Owner and the Client.
2. To reserve the \\\\"Property\\\\", the Client should complete the booking request with payment of a deposit (25% of the total rent due). The party leader must be at least 18 years at the time of booking. By making the booking, the party leader confirms that he/she is so authorized and that all other party members agree that the booking is subject to these Booking Conditions. Following receipt of the booking request and deposit, the Owner/Agent will send confirmation with receipt. This is the formal acceptance of the booking and your binding contract between us. Upon receipt of your confirmation, you must check the details carefully. If anything is not correct you should tell us immediately. Please note that the price and currency agreed at the time of signing the booking form cannot be changed.
3. The balance of the rent is payable 30 days before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 4 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within 30 days of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of cancellation, refunds of deposit and balance amount paid (less booking fee) will be made only if cancellation occurs more than 1 month prior to arrival. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
5. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the day of departure. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
6. i) A security deposit payable in cash on arrival may be required by the Owner, this will be clearly indicated on the website. This is to cover the cost of any damage or breakages during the stay at the property or the contents. The Owner has the right to refuse admission to the property should this not be paid on arrival.
ii) Whether or not a security deposit is taken, any damages should be reported to the Owner immediately, and arrangements made for recompense.
iii) Compensation will be limited to repair, restoration, replacement or substitution acceptable to the Owner and shall first be paid for out of the proceeds of any Security Deposit. If damages exceed the deposit, or no security deposit has been taken the Client will pay for damage immediately it occurs, or prior to vacating the property.
iv) In Italy, owners cannot get insurance cover for damages incurred by Clients, and as a result the Client is strongly advised to obtain good quality travel insurance which can be claimed upon should damage occur.
v) Between the 1st October and 30th April most owners will require a heating deposit payable in cash on arrival, please check before booking. Please note heating costs are NOT included in the cost of rental unless the advert specifically states otherwise.
7. Only those persons stipulated on the booking form may use the property unless the Owner has given written permission. If the Client wishes to invite visitors to the property, this must be agreed in advance with, and approved by the Owner. The number of people sleeping at the property must not at any time exceed the number of sleeping places indicated on the website.
The Owner will refuse entry to the Client if the group that arrives exceeds the number of sleeping places detailed, and also evict any Client breaking this rule. The Owner also reserves the right to insist that any visitors leave the property if their presence has not been agreed in advance with the Owner.
The Owner is bound by local registration/licencing and insurance laws so will ensure this clause is rigorously enforced.
8. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the \\\\"Property\\\\" grounds and pool, leaving them in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties.
9. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the \\\\"Property\\\\" or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the \\\\"Property\\\\" or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. Formal complaints lodged only at the end of the holiday period will not be taken into consideration. The owner and agent must be given the opportunity to rectify any issues as they occur.
10. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public service to the \\\\"Property\\\\", nor in respect of any equipment plant , machinery or appliance in the \\\\"Property\\\\" or garden for any loss , damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the \\\\"Property\\\\" shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
For any building works taking place close to the Property outwith the Owner's control. The Agent will pre advise the Client of any works occuring prior to arrival, and endeavour to intervene and halt works both where possible, on the sole understanding that the Agent has been advised.
11. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by Italian law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in Italy. Any proceeding arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in Italy.