Corona virus (COVID-19)
What you need to know for your Holiday to Tuscany I Italy
COVID IN ITALY/Tuscany
Please note that for many of the places to visit recommended in the housebook we sent, you may still need to book due to covid regulations.
There is total freedom of movement, day and night.
All activities are open.
It is no longer compulsory to wear a mask except in hospital, pharmacy and banks - so please take one with you .
ENTRY INTO ITALY - PLEASE CHECK REGULARLY AND BEFORE YOU LEAVE, AS SITUATION CHANGES
From 1 May 2022 travellers will no longer be required to complete a passenger locator form (EU PLF) to enter or travel through Italy as a visitor.
Until 31 May 2022, all travellers, aged 6 and over, must show one of the following:
· proof of vaccination OR
· evidence of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before entering Italy or a negative rapid lateral flow test taken within the 48 hours before entering Italy OR
· a COVID-19 recovery certificate, certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months
If you cannot present evidence of vaccination OR a negative test OR a COVID-19 recovery certificate, you will need to:
· travel to your final destination in Italy by private transport
· remain in self-isolation for 5 days
· take another PCR or rapid lateral flow test at the end of the 5 days' self-isolation. If the test is negative, you can leave self-isolation
All passengers entering Italy by plane, ferry, train or coach must wear an FFP2 mask in order to enter the country.
FOR RETURNING HOME :
Please check requirements of your own country .
If you need to test prior to returning home here are details of local testing centres:
Rapid antigen testing BY APPOINTMENT:
- +39 333 454 8384
- Monday to Friday
- Farmacia Gaddi, VIA VALMAIRA 12/B, Castelnuovo Di Garfagnana
- Price E20 each
- +39 0583 723102
- Monday to Friday
- Farmacia Chiappa, Via Giovanni Pascoli, 22 - 55051 Barga (LU)
- Price E25 each
Borgo a Mozzano (on main road down to Lucca)
- +39 0583 88059
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday only
- Farmacia Sodini , 22,Via Primo Maggio - 55023 Borgo A Mozzano (LU)
- Price E22 each
PCR Testing with results in 24 hours at E80 each BY APPOINTMENT:
Castelnuovo +39 0583 639473
Open 10 am to midday Monday to Friday
Lucca +39 0583 581491
Lamm Centro Analisi, Via Romana, 231 - Arancio (LU)
Open Mon to Friday 10 am to 4pm and Sat 9am to 12am