Casina GiammengoRef: 10145
Beautifully restored 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom village cottage with fantastic pool and pool area.WIFI. Walking distance of restaurant where one can dine alfresco with mountain views...
Giammengo is a beautifully restored romantic stone property, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms in the cottage, with a further 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom set across the little courtyard 10M from the house. There is a gorgeous pool and outdoor relaxing area.
Set in the depths of the Garfagnana, an hour or so North of Lucca, in a small village with a population of circa 300. There are village and mountain views. This house really is a treat!
Unusually for this area, one can walk to a pizzeria/restaurant (less than a 5 min walk) where one can dine al fresco on the terrace and take in the view, as well as a basic shop/bar, gelateria and butchers. For other facilities the local market town is less than a 10 minute drive away.
This 2 bedroom, 2 shower room village property, along with further bedroom and bathroom across the courtyard has been restored with lots of love and care, and retains its original character, but with the addition of modern shower rooms, beautiful furniture and stunning pool area complete with an outdoor kitchen, and no less than a choice of 3 eating areas, making it an ideal holiday home.
The cottage is tastefully presented, with a wonderful mixture of original flooring, beamed ceilings, chestnut windows, original balconies from bedrooms, blending perfectly with modern fireplace, pristine bathrooms, country kitchen and bang up to date outdoor area with good size modern pool.
This place really is a treat!
In more detail the property is arranged as follows:
Kitchen/diner with oven, hob, microwave, fridge, coffee machine. Double doors leading to outdoor area.
Living area with comfy seating, wood fireplace, TV, WIFI.....
There are beamed ceilings and traditional flooring.
Also on this floor is a shower room.
Upstairs to :
2 bedrooms - one double, and one twin, each with their own balcony featuring village views with mountain backdrop. Ceiling fans.
Across courtyard to :
Double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Beautiful pool with Roman steps
Sunbathing area with quality sunbeds
Modern seating area
Covered dining area
Uncovered dining area
Outdoor kitchen with large gas BBQ, sink and fridge
Gated property with private parking via electronic gates
Garage with washing machine and freezer.
NB - pool may occasionally be used by owner who sometimes lives in house next door, but privacy respected
NB - PRICES FOR MID SEASON are for the 2 bedroom house only with private use of garden and pool. There is a further cost of E260 per week for use of the 3rd bedroom and 3rd bathroom (which will be closed off if not hired)
A little about the area
- The location is 10 minutes north of the market town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana with its famous Thursday morning market, numerous bars & restaurants.
- At home, the village of Villetta has a restaurant (5 min walk), bar and shop/gelatieria.
- The train station is a minute walk too .
- Also by foot, it is possible to walk down to the river in only 5 minutes, and a shaded cross country walk of 30 mins will take guests to a local lake (which also has a couple of bars and a children's playground).
- There is also an ancient beautiful and well photographed peaceful village (with no facilities) reachable by a 1km walk cross country.
- There are various good restaurants providing fresh local home cooked traditional food within a short drive, as well as local one off shops, delicatessens, gelaterias and supermarkets.
- For relaxing afternoons out, there are lots of pretty villages to explore in the immediately locality, one of which is fully walled commanding outstanding views over the Apuane mountains. Many of these villages have festas in the summer with food, drink and dancing.
- Situated only a short drive from the National Park of Orrecchiella, the location is ideal for walking, hiking, horseriding, mountain biking and picnicking, surrounded by views of the seemingly endless mountains, and local chestnut woodland.
- For those who enjoy the outdoor life there is also a local tree climbing/zip wiring park, with courses adapted for all age groups, from the very young to adults.
- There are local adventure parks where one can try water canyoning, rock climbing, swimming in rock pools, canoeing etc and there is the Grotta del Vento, a massive cave system in the mountains which is a good day out.
- There is an ancient fortress to visit with jaw dropping views, and interactive displays for children including a chance to try a little archery.
- For when a townie day beckons, the local market town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana is only a 10 minute drive. Here there are bars, restaurants, a famous Thursday morning market, old castle walls, the river Serchio and local train station.
- The beautiful mediaeval town of Barga with its cobbled streets, great architecture, cathedral and great views is only a 25 minute drive. Barga is famous for its art and music, and here one can often enjoy free music, evening markets, dancing, and sometimes even impromptu entertainment from Paolo Nutini! Becoming well known for its restaurants too, Barga has plenty of places to eat.
- Lucca, the fully walled Mediaeval City and the Capital of the Region is only an hours drive and one can spend the day cycling or meandering along its ample walls; people watching in both the grand and tiny piazzas with prosecco, coffee or ice cream; designer shopping; climbing towers, visiting some of its 99 churches or just taking in the atmosphere. If you like opera, there is a recital every evening before dinner in a unique church setting.
- The traditional Tuscan sites of Pisa and Florence are easily do-able in a day trip as are the beaches of Forte dei Marmi or Viareggio. Many guests also visit the Cinque Terre...
- The Golf Course of Garfagnana is only a 5 min drive.
- Florence 1 hr 40 mins
Perfect location in an Italian village - experience the real Italy!
Cooking Utensils and Cutlery
Cooker and Hob
Toaster and Kettle
Bed Linen is provided
Walking Distance to Bars and Restaurants
Places of Interest
|Start Date||End Date||Weekly Rate (€)||Minimum Stay||Arrival Day||Departure Day|
|10 Apr 2021||02 Jul 2021||1,060||4+ Nights||Flexible||Flexible|
|03 Jul 2021||03 Sep 2021||1,325||7+ Nights||Flexible||Flexible|
|04 Sep 2021||15 Oct 2021||1,060||4+ Nights||Flexible||Flexible|
|09 Apr 2022||01 Jul 2022||1,060||4+ Nights||Flexible||Flexible|
|02 Jul 2022||02 Sep 2022||1,325||7+ Nights||Flexible||Flexible|
|03 Sep 2022||14 Oct 2022||1,060||4+ Nights||Flexible||Flexible|
Rental & Booking Information
- Pool Private